About the Role
- Interested in a spring paid internship with a fast paced Environmental Consulting firm in the Des Monies metro area? EcoSource is currently looking for individuals to fill a spring internship role. Day to day activities and responsibility may include but are not limited to; Performing tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater and building materials. Operating field monitoring equipment. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects, and Phase I site assessments. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects concurrently and deliver quality product on time.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
- Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Entry level scientific professional responsible for gathering data and information to be evaluated by
other team members.
- Performs testing and sampling of environmental materials including soil, air, groundwater and building
- Tabulate and prepare data for written reports.
- May assist with report preparation by summarizing data and information within reports.
- Operates field monitoring equipment.
- May assist with asbestos surveys and abatement projects.
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures.
- Assists in basic survey/measurement data.
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.