About the Role
- Interested in working with a with a fast-paced Environmental Consulting firm in the Des Monies metro area? EcoSource is currently looking for an Environmental Specialist to join our team. Portions of this position may require travel with the potential for an overnight stay throughout the Midwest. Some day-to-day activities may include but are not limited to; Performing tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater and building materials. Operating field monitoring equipment. Assisting with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. Conducting asbestos surveys, abatement oversight projects, Phase I and Phase 2 assessments. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to safety standards.
Assist team members on drill rigs and learn this job function. The information we discover from soil, groundwater, and air analysis, and the evaluation conducted is critical to understanding subsurface conditions. Essential roles and responsibilities include:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects concurrently and deliver quality product on time.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
- Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Experienced environmental professional responsible for gathering data and information to be evaluated
by other team members.
- Performs testing and sampling of environmental materials including soil, air, groundwater and building
- Tabulate and prepare data for written reports.
- Conduct report preparation by summarizing data and information within reports.
- Operates field monitoring equipment.
- Conducts asbestos surveys and abatement oversight projects.
- Maintains and calibrates field monitoring equipment.
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures.
- Assists in basic survey/measurement data.
- Assists in construction of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Drives medium duty trucks to various job sites.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum of 2 years related experience. Experience with preparing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments is a plus.
Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Certification in field of expertise.
Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate.